Sunday, September 11, 2011

Day 4 – 09/11/11


Day 4 – 09/11/11

This is MK –

Today was a wonderful day. Over the past year I have asked the question “Why me God?” As I have pushed through every surgery, ultrasound, shots, and blood drawn it has just not seemed fair. However, this morning as I sat in church and listened to the sermon I realized that God is working through me. He is telling me to go fight this fight and he will take care of the rest.

After church I spoke with two ladies – one who battled infertility herself but had her two beautiful children with her and another lady that went through IVF and she stood there holding her precious baby boy. I thought to myself that this is all going to be worth it. These two ladies were such an inspiration to me and I no longer feel sorry for myself for I realize that in the end I will be thanking God for taking Bradley and I on this journey. Instead of thinking that God is punishing us, I now know that he chose us to go through this. Each day he is teaching us patience, perseverance and love. Some people say that infertility is hard on your marriage, but it has brought Bradley and I closer together and I thank God everyday for my wonderful husband who has stood by my side.

On a funny note – I am very thankful that I have, so far, not had any side effects from the medication. However, yesterday, at the Auburn game I could really feel the hormones rising as I yelled at the referees and Mississippi State team. I have always been very vocal during Auburn football games, but yesterday was on a whole different level.

1 comment:

  1. MK -- You are such a blessing to me and such an inspiration. Thank you for reminding me that God allows us to go through struggles to grow closer to him, develop those character traits and bring us closer to our brothers and sisters in Christ. I am so proud of you and am praying for you! Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete