Friday, September 16, 2011

Days 7 and 8 09/15/11-09/16/11


Yesterday, I went back to the doctor for more blood work and ultrasound. We didn’t get the news we were hoping for, but we are still staying positive. My blood work was good, but they only saw 2 "mature" follicles and they hoped to have seen at least 4. A follicle is a group of cells that turn into the egg while inside the ovary.When there are few mature follicles the chances of success drop. I got in a little trouble yesterday by my doctor and Bradley because my iron had dropped significantly and the reason was because I have not been taking my iron supplements. I know, I know, but those vitamins make me sick.
We will go back to the doctor in the morning (Saturday) for more blood work and another ultrasound. We need lots of prayers that they see more follicles this time. After the doctor reviews my blood work and ultrasound he will tell us what percentage we have of this round of IVF being successful. There is a chance that, if they don’t see more follicles tomorrow, we won’t qualify to continue. I understand now what people meant when they said that IVF was going to be an emotional rollercoaster. Monday was positive and high and yesterday was negative and low. I just hope that we get better news tomorrow.
On a happier note Bradley’s 32nd birthday is today. Last night we went out to eat with some wonderful friends to celebrate. We had so much fun and the meal was delicious. It was so nice to get together and laugh and take our mind off of IVF for a little while. Bradley loves strawberry cake so I got one of Edgar’s famous strawberry cakes for the birthday boy. This was the BEST strawberry cake I have ever had.

Today, Bradley got a Keurig Coffee maker for his birthday. We have decided to stay home and rest tonight since we have to be in Birmingham at 7:30 in the morning.

That’s just a little update. We hope that they see more follicles in the morning and that we are able to continue to the next step which will be egg retrieval on Monday.

Thank you so much for your thoughts and prayers. I am overwhelmed with the amount of love and support that Bradley and I have received.

No comments:

Post a Comment